The Harris Foundation: Grants
Inquiring About a Grant
CRITERIA FOR A GRANT
The Directors consider projects for funding which identify root causes and develop innovative solutions.
Other criteria for funding are as follows:
* That the project be unique and have a far reaching impact with lasting benefits.
* That the organization be able to fulfill the goals set, and
* That there are specific plans for continuing the work started by this project.
The Foundation requires a letter of inquiry prior to consideration of any proposal. The letter must not exceed 2 pages and must be signed by an officer of the organization. The letter must include the following information:
- The total amount of the grant being requested from the Harris Foundation. $6,000.00 maximum.
- A brief description of the project.
- The intended result of the project.
- The duration of the project.
- The funding strategy for the project.
- The total budget for the project.
- The total amount budgeted for the organization for the current year.
- A one sentence statement certifying the status of the organization as a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization, which is not a private foundation.
- Letters of Inquiry must be received by March 1st to be considered for funding this year.
- If your organization is considered for a grant, the grant application deadline is May 1st.
Step #2: Grant Application: If the Grant Committee selects your Letter of Inquiry for further
consideration, your organization will receive a grant application packet from The Harris Foundation.
Please follow the instructions included with your packet–carefully and completely. No grant application
is considered unless instructions are followed, including submission of a current and valid exemption
letter showing that the grant applicant is an exempt organization recognized as such by the US Treasury
Grant Application Review & Deadline: All applications are due by MAY 1 . The Harris Foundation st
funds Solicited grants once a year.
Three Year Rule: The Harris Foundation will not fund an organization soliciting a grant more
frequently than once every three (3) years.
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
William H. and Mattie Wattis Harris Foundation